Monday 13 August 2007

The Deadwood Fails To Rise

I can't be bothered to link to his blog, which is in full cry today because anyone presumed to question The Great Man. A lot of people never really understood how or why John Major was Prime Minister, but Redwood's "It should have been me" act was in a class of its own, and still is. In my direct personal experience, if anyone disagrees with him to his face, then he announces that "I can see that this conversation is breaking up", and simply walks away.

What does John Redwood actually know about business, or about anything else for that matter? He was a public schoolboy who became an undergraduate, who became a Fellow of All Souls, who became the MP for a safe seat. That's it.

6 comments:

  1. What does David Lindsay actually know about business, or about anything else for that matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's not what you know, is it? That goes for Redwood and Lindsay alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked like a simple question to me.

    Or is that supposed to be the answer to my question? If so, it's a very helpful answer - "Nothing, not even the meaning of this question".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think you do know what we mean David. Do you still have that copy of James Goldsmith's The Trap, complete with the hand-written note inside saying "This is not a Left-Right issue" and signed "Jimmy"? And how young were you then? But the talent already seems to have been spotted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, not many people ever saw that book. Yes, I do still have it, although I might have trouble finding it, since, as you can probably tell, I have a very large number of books.

    I cannot claim to have known him well, but he went to great pains to convince me that he was no more (or less) pro-Tory than pro-Labour. He was valiantly anti-globalisation and anti-neocon. But it must be said that the French original of his book advocated the ERM, a passage strangely ommitted from the English translation...

    ReplyDelete