Wednesday 23 January 2008

A Little Local Difficulty (Though Not For Me)

In reply to those who ask whether or not I have been suspended from Lanchester Parish Council, the answer is that apparently so, although it's coming to an end, I couldn't have gone to the meetings in question anyway, and I myself only became aware of the suspension when I read The Village Voice. To this day (and I repeat that the time is almost up), no one has ever notified me.

Everyone on the Parish Council to whom I have spoken (which is most of them) finds both this, and the ridiculous figure who went behind the Council's back to make it happen, hilarious and quite beneath contempt. Apart from him, I expect that they all do. I was drinking with several of them only last night, as I often do. He doesn't...

The whole thing has increased my stock no end. As for his...

2 comments:

  1. As soon as Hilary Armstrong retires, what will he even eat? And the District Council that has treated you in this way is about to abolished, so you really are having the last laugh all round.

    Funny who that Council has on the payroll, of course. But for how much longer, once there isn't even a link to a Blair era has-been, never mind a Cabinet Minister?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, you are all uneducated unemployables.

    There really is a class thing in all of this. Given your background as you describe it today, it is a personal affront to him that you are there at all, never mind that you got more votes than he did. Don't these people respect their betters? Don't you?

    ReplyDelete