Thursday 3 July 2014

Desert Disrepute

Tony Blair is to advise General Sisi on economic reform.

Everything in that sentence is wrong.

Still, thank you, Neil Fleming. I am so very, very, very proud to have been refused readmission to a party with Blair in it.

There is clearly no remaining concept of bringing the Labour Party into disrepute.

That said, following the Parliamentary Labour Party's removal of Dennis Skinner from the National Executive Committee, Ed Miliband owes the grassroots something.

The expulsion of Blair from the party for his links to Sisi could and should be it.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you no longer mentioned Neil Fleming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He rarely enters my thoughts, it is true. But I am not so churlish as to fail to express gratitude where it is due. Oh, look, that rhymed.

      He and Blair are welcome to each other. And having been right all along about both of them (ask him, I have no doubt that he would tell you), I can scarcely express the depth of my gratitude at having no association with either of them.

      So, again, and from the bottom of my heart: thank you, Neil Fleming, for having spared me any connection, however tenuous, to your hero and to the man whom you doubtless still regard as the real Leader of the party that employs you, an advisor to General Sisi of Egypt.

      Delete