Thursday 1 January 2015

A Clansman, Not A Klansman

I wouldn't thank anyone for calling me biracial, and I am surprised that Dante de Blasio accepts the designation, either. He is part-German, but the rest is Southern Italian, and Barbadian, and St Lucian.

So, that touch of the Teuton aside, he is a mildly Europeanised African all round, then. "Garibaldi did not unify Italy, he partitioned Africa." "Naples is the only Arab city without a European quarter." You know how it goes.

And it has more than a grain of truth in it. Nor do Afro-Caribbeans, any more than African-Americans, looks as if they have come straight through the Middle Passage. There is a reason for that.

To hail from Barbados, St Lucia and the South of Italy is not to be "biracial". It is to contain a very great many more than a mere two ingredients. Why, it is almost to be St Helenian. Even if not quite.

And even if it is nowhere near being Lowland Scots-St Helenian.

For neither the Saltire, nor even the Burning Cross to gather the clans, is unknown to my own bloodline.

Blessed be the name of St Andrew, for having given such strikingly similar flags to the secessionist American Confederacy and to the secessionist confederation of Novorossiya.

There are those who say that I am pro-Russian. I am no more pro-Russian than I am pro-hunting. I am anti-anti-hunting. And I am anti-anti-Russian.

The people who wave the American Saltire are a fanciful lot who deny that the light-skinned bearers of their own surnames are anything to do with them. In that, as in so much else, they mirror the Black Nationalists.

Yes, of course those are the names of your ancestors' owners. They are also the names of your ancestors, since those owners were also among your ancestors.

When Craig Cobb "turned out" to be part-black, then that can have come as no surprise to anyone, including Brother Cobb, who was possessed of the sense of sight.

I have been winding up such people for donkey's years.

It must be six or seven years, if it is not longer, since the BNP promised to contest North West Durham if I did, but not otherwise, although it ended up having to do so anyway, after I was invalided out too late for it to back down.

And it must be six or seven years, if it is not longer, since some or other of the numerous Ku Klux Klan factions in the United States weighed in with a round-robin email, traced to America, to various local political figures here, warning them against me.

I was really rather touched. I was not the only one.

In whose interest might that faction have been acting? Previous events gave more than a little clue. Subsequent events, not least on this site, removed any possibility of doubt.

Might he, too, be a "mulatto"? Please, please, please let that be so.

1 comment:

  1. Like a lot of people with a lot of political experience in this area, unlike him or it must be said the current MP, I will always regard you as the rightful MP for this seat. I am over 70 and class your ill health as the greatest political tragedy of my lifetime, I am not alone in that. It is beyond belief the Labour Party employs a man with a history of racist abuse online and proven links to the Ku Klux Klan.

    ReplyDelete