Sunday 15 February 2015

The Postmodern Prometheus

Nick Cohen can be so good and important, that it is heartbreaking when he bangs the neocon drum of war.

On Friday afternoon, as they wandered home from school and as I brought the bin in (before my back gave out with a vengeance again; if things are a bit slow this week, then I am once more under the doctor in a major way), I amused and mildly shocked the three teenage brothers across the road with Valentine tales of the 1990s, that Golden Decade when I was their age.

Neither they, nor the two next door, nor the one a couple of doors up, nor the one a couple more doors up again, to name but a few, will have any business being sent to die for the literally Nazi agents of NATO and EU expansionism, any more than for its Putinist opponents.

Nor to die for the Saudi Frankenstein, any more than for its IS Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment