Tuesday 12 May 2015

Not In The Spirit


That candidate, a particularly egregious character in various ways by the name of Bob Blackman, was successful.

Will this result be voided by the Election Court? If not, why not?

And is the Conservative Party really going to repeal the law against caste discrimination?

I met Mark Wallace briefly at Joe Cassidy's funeral. It was a tribute to Joe that Young Wallace, a Chadsman from after my time, was prepared to make the trip to Durham in the run-up to a General Election.

But Joe would really have given him what for on anything like the politics of caste discrimination.

This is Mark Wallace's comment under the post in the above link:

"As it happens, I oppose caste discrimination, warned in the piece against communitarianism and have long opposed the idea of compromising Conservative principles to chase or pander to particular interests. I believe Tory values can be deployed in their own merits to appeal to voters of all backgrounds. I noted in a news article a nonetheless remarkable and potentially significant announcement (and noted that this was particularly remarkable as they're a charity). As a long-standing fan of HurryUpHarry, keep up your good work more generally."

4 comments:

  1. That's both untrue as to my actual views (misled it seems by HuH - see my corrective comment there) and rather low by bringing Joe into this (a choice, it seems, all of your own).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to post your corrective comment here.

      I don't see how it's low at all.

      Delete
  2. I remember Blackman when he was a fanatical supporter of apartheid South Africa, and fanatical was the word. He has never taken back a word of it.

    ReplyDelete