Monday 25 September 2017

Bread and Porridge

Google Lavinia Woodward. If she isn't going to prison, then I'm sure as hell not, and nor should anyone else, pretty much. 23 and no previous? Well, I'm 40 with no previous. Getting over her drug and alcohol problems? I barely drink these days, and I have never taken any illegal drug.

She is a violent alcoholic and drug addict, with other mental health problems as well. Are such people never sent to prison? Are they (and this seems to be a real question) routinely permitted to train as surgeons, something that in this country only ever happens at public expense?

I am not even accused of stabbing anyone with a bread knife. Nor did I do the thing of which I am accused. Nor, it is universally accepted, did that thing ever happen at all. Ms Woodward, the aspiring surgeon, stabbed someone with a bread knife while off her face on this and that. Yet she is to be spared prison, and she is to retain access to drugs and to surgical implements.

I could only be convicted by a corrupted jury, and since there is not going to be a corrupted jury, then it is absolutely impossible for me to be convicted. Therefore, this whole business is, as much as anything else, a scandalous waste of public money.

No comments:

Post a Comment