Thursday 23 November 2017

Our Days In Court

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is to appear in court in Iran on 10th September. If you can be there, then you should be, simply refusing to leave without her. Obviously, this is not a job for any of us little people. This is one for a prominent figure. Jeremy Corbyn would be ideal. But anyone with a sufficiently high profile would do.

Had I been a Member of Parliament, then I would already have done this, during the recent parliamentary recess. Yet another reason, I suppose, to want to send me to prison four days before Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe's day in court. A member of the General Synod of the Church of England recently told me that my treatment was, "like something out of North Korea." We shall soon see whether I might at least have fared better in Iran.

No comments:

Post a Comment