Saturday 6 January 2018

Flame-Grilled Fire and Fury

At least Donald Trump is a Burger King boy. No one is all bad. Although I rather like Five Guys, too. But Burger King is my old, old friend.

I have never been pleased that Donald Trump was the President of the United States. And I am still not pleased that he is.

But I have always been pleased that Hillary Clinton was not the President of the United States. And I am still pleased that she is not.

Both a Clinton party and a Trump party contested last year's British General Election. One took eight seats on 7.9 per cent of the vote, while the other took no seats on 1.8 per cent of the vote.

Clearly, the liberal "centre" was not very central to anything, while the "populist" Right was unpopular in the extreme.

Yet the commentariat continues to be duopolised by those who wish to turn the Labour Party into the former, and those who wish to turn the Conservative Party into the latter. Away with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment