Friday 23 February 2018

20 Reasons To Want David Lindsay In Parliament

1. I want the promised £350 million extra for the National Health Service to appear on the face of the legislation withdrawing the United Kingdom from the European Union.

2. I warmly welcome the additional billion pound investment in jobs and services in Northern Ireland, and I call for Scotland, Wales, and each of the nine English regions to receive the same per capita as part of the application of Modern Monetary Theory, including the Land Value Tax.

3. I call for the Universal Basic Income, while continuing to campaign, through Modern Monetary Theory’s Jobs Guarantee, for full employment with the Living Wage, and thus for the bargaining power of the trade unions.

4. I call for the reassertion of democratic political control over the Bank of England, including that the approval of the House of Commons be required for changes to interest rates.

5. I call for the assertion of democratic political control over the City of London, with a Glass-Steagall division between investment banking and retail banking, and with the closure of all tax havens under British jurisdiction.

6. I advocate a reorientation towards the BRICS countries, leading to a new role across Eurasia and Asia, Africa and Latin America, the Caribbean and the Pacific.

7. I advocate the integration into the Belt and Road Initiative of all four parts of the United Kingdom, of all nine English regions, and of all of the British Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies.

8. I call for supporters of economic equality to be elected to the City of London Corporation, to the States of Jersey, to the States of Guernsey, to Tynwald, and to the legislatures of the British Overseas Territories. 

9. Having been born in 1977, I have correctly opposed every British military intervention of my adult lifetime.

10. Having been born in 1977, I have correctly opposed every attempt to erode civil liberties during my adult lifetime.

11. I am absolutely opposed to the United Kingdom’s poisonous relationship with Saudi Arabia and with the other Gulf monarchies.

12. I have offered to travel to Iran to demand the release of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

13. I demand a Coroner’s Inquest into the death of Dr David Kelly.

14. I demand the diversion of British funds from the “Free Syrian Police” and the White Helmets to the United Kingdom’s own emergency services.

15. I would bring an action before the International Criminal Court against those who had brought slavery back to Libya.

16. I would bring an action before the High Court of Justiciary of Scotland, inviting it to exercise its declaratory power against Tony Blair and his accomplices in the aggression against Iraq in 2003.

17. I oppose Donald Trump while understanding why people voted for him, and I do so on the grounds that led me to oppose Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama. On those same grounds, I would have opposed Hillary Clinton. 

18. I call for British withdrawal from NATO. NATO now commits Britain to the defence both of Turkish Islamists and of Eastern European neo-Nazis, and to the defence both of Trump’s America and of Erdogan’s Turkey as they edge closer and closer to war with each other. 

19. I would cancel Trident in favour of conventional defence, care for veterans, flood defences, and an “all of the above” energy policy. 

20. I have long fought for the Rohingya, the Chagossians, the Dalits, the Dorje Shugden practitioners, the Russian and other ethnic minorities oppressed in the Baltic States, the ancient indigenous Christians of the Middle East and North Africa, and the Jews and Zoroastrians of Iran.

The next General Election will result, either in another hung Parliament, or in a tiny overall majority. You know what you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment