Monday 4 September 2017

The Generation Game

Even while I practically rattle when I walk due to all my tablets, and that is when I can walk at all, I take great delight in the achievements of several of my university contemporaries.

At this month's The World Transformed, Jonathan Ashworth will be getting down with the kids 20 years, almost to the day, after Freshers' Week. Jonah Fisher has been far ahead of the field on the Rohingya and on the failures of Aung San Suu Kyi. And Manveen Rana has been magnificent on Bell Pottinger in South Africa.

Jonah's and Manveen's work, like that first of Newsnight and now also of The World at One on Yemen, are why we need the BBC, for all its many, many, many faults. It can be so good when it wants to be, that we must not allow it to get away with anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment